Ok, I am a sucker for as seen on tv products. I think I need them all. I mean, they make them seem so fantastic, and I do have enough sense to know that most of them are just hype. Wouldn't our lives be so much easier if they did all work like they said. I ordered the GT Express, but I honestly can't eat off of things that can't be soaked in the dishwater or put in the dishwasher, so I never use it. Now, of course, they have an even better one that you can wash the parts of. I got the magic bullet. I love it and we use it all the time. Now they have a bullet express. It is on my wish list. Just think of the time I could save making cheese cake if I had one of those. Never mind that I don't' make cheesecake anyway. But if I could just ground up those graham crackers and then mix up that cream cheese.... I just know I would use it:) My cousin has a sham wow. We spilled a glass of water on her carpet and she ran for it. We couldn't get it to absorb like the guy on tv did. I have an awesome auger. I know that one day I will need to dig a hole and it will come in handy. So far it is in the box. But I was planning to do a garden.... Maybe a fall garden. There is still time. If I wanted to really mow and weed eat my own yard, then I would need a GT Worx. I am ashamed to say that I love to watch those infomercials late at night. Last night I watched the bullet express and the shark steam cleaner. (yes, I do own a steamer-not the shark- and love it!) Insomnia is good for something:)

Well, the Instyler commercials proved too much for me. I have a daughter that is half Hispanic and half black and her hair is the bane of my existence. Last year she wore a pony tail for the whole year. I have chemically straightened it, used a straight iron, and tried different hair cuts and such. She is an eight year old, so she just wants her hair straight and long. It is pretty long now and she has a lot, lot, lot of hair. I mean, 70's fro hair! So I caved and fell to the dreams the Instyler offered and ordered one. It came in today and we ripped it out of the box (well, very carefully got it out of the box, cause I was gonna send it back if it didn't work) and plugged it in. I read instructions while it heated up. It only took a couple of minutes. Then, the test. Here is her before:
Here is the first section of hair:

You start at the bottom and go up. It took about 20 minutes to do her whole head and I am not so good with the ways to make it curl yet.

Then she wanted to do my hair. I am not sure that she did it like I would have, but she had fun. I will need some sympathy for my burnt ear, though:)

The Instyler worked wonderfully. I know there will be some who will say it wasn't a necessity and I shouldn't have spent money on it, but for my daughter and her hair, it really was. I didn't get it on the Instyler website, so I didn't pay that much. The only thing I hate is that my "baby" looks so grown up with her hair straight. But she also looks so beautiful.
8 comments:
OMG! Ciara looks 16 in that 1st pic w/ good hair - argh! LOVE IT! You love marvelous also!
Holy Cow!!!! That worked great!!!! Her hair looks sooo good!!!! I just knew that wouldn't work!!!!
I love her hair! Wow! Wonder if it would CURL Guthr's hair? She has the straightest hair and it drives me insane!!!!
Her hair looks wonderful. I guess it works really well. I think I like your hair straight also. I don't think I have seen this product. Your blog reminded me of an episode I saw on "Gene Simmons Family Values". Shannon broke her arm and was on pain medication. Gene was out of town on some business trip. She was so loopy, she watched infomercials and the home shopping network all night and bought all kinds of things she didn't need. Sounded like your blog. lol
Bev
How did your hair feel when it was done?
Ciara's LOOKS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ciara looks great in the picture. i just received mine today. WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!!!!.it is the easiest product to use i had long hair and cut it because it took so long to dry. now im letting it grow again THUMBS UP GREAT PRODUCT.
Anonymous - Who are you????
That Is Reall Kool.!!
Post a Comment