We are just back from a mini-vacation and I must say that things did not go as I expected. Since I am turning more and more into a control freak, I was shaken. All the plans I had for this trip were changed, except for the one where my daughter went to the dentist. I was very angry when we left the dentist. First we waited an hour and half to see the dentist and there wasn't even space to sit in the waiting room. We had to wait in the hallway. Then she only had an exam. They want to pull two of her baby teeth if they aren't through in a month. They want her to come back next week for a cleaning. WHAT???? OK, my daughter is on medicaid and they want you to have two dental check ups a year. I will admit that it has been a year since I have gotten her into the dentist, but a lot of other things have been going on. I said to the scheduler woman when I called that she was on medicaid and needed her dental checkup. Well, they don't do it all on one day. You must come back the next week for a cleaning. Then she tells me the soonest she can get me in is July 30. I told her I would be out of town then, and so she says August something. I told her that I wasn't coming back for six months unless they wanted to pay the gas cause I lived out of town. Last time they did her exam, xrays, and cleaned her teeth and filled 5 cavities for us in one day cause they knew we lived out of town. ARGH... I wish a dentist in this town would take medicaid. It would make my life easier and it is all about me!!!
Then we went to the Discovery Center. Ciara thought that place was awesome. She had a good time. We ate at Cheddars, I went to Mardel's educator sale, and went to Albertsons. I must say I am glad to be home and planning on sleeping til noon tomorrow.
We also visited my uncle who works for at the Helium plant. He showed me the computer set up and how he checks things and a lot of stuff I didn't understand. He fixed Ciara ramen noodles in their little kitchen and she fed them to the abandoned dog they have adopted.
I think I am really getting depressed again, cause nothing is fun or worth the effort. I just want to lay in my bed and hide. Maybe it is just the heat....
14 years ago

1 comment:
Stephanie! Snap out of it - don't get depressed. We love you. You have a sweet young girl and everything is going to be okay. HEAVEN will be SO wonderful and LIFE is just a test. Hang in there! Don't be negative... think positive. Think about your blessings...
Post a Comment