I love summer. It is my absolute favorite time of the year. I love that I don't have to wake up early or work and it is hot and perfect for swimming which is my favorite thing to do!
This week we spent two whole days cooped up cleaning house. It needed it. My house looks pretty good now except for the bedrooms and laundry room. We had to get it clean because my aunt and uncle were coming to visit. They came Thursday and watched Ciara play softball. Ciara loves, no she LOVES her softball. She is pretty good also. In case you haven't read the other posts, she hit a grand slam this year and she caught a pop fly. I have a feeling I will spend a lot of time watching her play sports. That is ok with me. I love watching her play. She didn't do anything exciting at the game Thursday night, and it was pretty lame, I think the score was 1-0 in our favor, and it was over a hundred degrees, but we enjoyed being together. We ate out and Robert fixed Ciara's swing when we got home. Venita looked at my stamping projects that I will be posting soon, when I am completely finished and she looked at some of the card swaps for this month. I hated it when they had to leave.
Other than cleaning and softball, we haven't done much else this summer. Ciara is learning the rules of where she can and can't go with her freedom the hard way. (That is the way she seems to prefer her lessons). We like to go to the park in the evenings. I read a book while Ciara plays. We have gone swimming twice. I have gone to the gym and worked out. I found some twinkletoes and nikes in Ciara's size on sale half price and fantastic footwear and put them up for the fall. We are enjoying watching our kitties walk around. They are 4 weeks old now and so adorable. Ciara has enjoyed spending more quality time with Smokey.
Tomorrow morning, Ciara will start summer school. It lasts for three weeks from 8-noon. She will get a jump start on her math and that is what she needs. She will have the same teacher for math in summer school that she will have next year so that should help her learn what she needs to learn for 4th grade. I am excited about spending a few hours alone.
Tonight I am making the same meal I made for my aunt Sue in this post. I know it will turn out better. I remembered how to make it and I know it won't run over the sides this time!! Wish Aunt Sue was here to enjoy it with me!! So far I am loving the summer!!
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment