Sunday, February 1, 2009

Stampin' Queens








The second Stampin' Queens get together was held Friday night. It was a get well theme. My buddy, Melissa hosted and she always does amazing job of inviting people, making goodies for the participants and great projects. The theme this time was get well cards and Melissa made a get well package based on a soup can theme and made yummy chicken noodle soup. Her project for us was a cute pocket card. I loved using the Stampin' Up! template to make holes in my pocket to make it look like a jeans pocket. I also had never stamped on a tissue before. But it was an adorable touch for a get well card. Melissa's mom, Soundra, also had a pocket card. We were able to try out Melissa's new cuttlebug to emboss the base of the card. I love the tiny little card glued on the front of this card.












Maria designed a gable box made out of double sided paper with scallop tags. She use a little birdie stamp for the front. You can put whatever you want in the little box. I want cherry koolaid when I am sick. For some reason I drink tons of it whether I am sick with a cold or throwing up! I loved all her double sided papers and it was so hard to pick which one I wanted to use. Amber did a red and white heart themed card with the cutest stamp with a little heart on a hot watter bottle. I love the way she tore the paper for the front and wrapped the ribbon around the white paper before she glued it on so the ribbon edges wouldn't be showing.








Phyllis made a cute little window card with froggies. Window cards are so hard for me to make, but I ended up loving this project. I cut out my little frog and bent over his hand so he could hold the little sign that says get well. Margie made a little card with a bookmark attached so the sick person could mark their place in their book. Great idea and the close to cocoa papers are some of my fav's.


Angie made a little gift box with cough drops. What a great idea to punch an oval in the top and let the baggie show through. Her old olive papers are some of my fav's too.


Eubie had the cutest fold over pocket card with a scallop on the edge. That card was so simple, but looked so complex. I love it when something looks like I really worked a lot. She also added a touch of lace!
My project was a shaker card. I have had the idea for a couple of years, but never attempted it. I finally figured out a really easy way to make it by using fun foam and my xyron. I put little abc pasta inside. The picture isn't very good, I think because of the transparency reflecting the flash. No one ever wants to be sick, but any of these projects would put a smile on even a sick person's face. Thanks girls. I know it is hard work and an expense, but I really loved every project and had so much fun hanging out with y'all.

2 comments:

The Vannoy Family said...

You're awesome! I can't believe that I forgot to take pictures... my camera was laying right there! We all had such a GREAT time! Thank you, thank you, thank you ...

Sue said...

Those cards were so BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! you constantly amaze me with your talent and the talent of your friends. wish i lived close enough to come obsrve at your party!