You must know that as I am writing this, Ciara is wearing one of her new school outfits and her roller skates. She is listening to boomerang express on you tube in the computer in front of her, and she is dancing and singing and doing the motions. This is so cool, because Ciara is not a singer, and she doesn't like to dress up, and she definitely doesn't like to do motions and actions to songs. Totally out of character for her. I am so glad that she loved bible school so much and she still wants to sing those songs. (If anyone reading this has a cd of those songs, we would love one.)
I was going to write about our weekend of back to school shopping, but I think I will stop a minute to reflect on my daughter. She is growing up so much. This summer she has asked me where exactly do babies come out of momma's, how and why do people have sex, and is that really the way you get pregnant. She is not as naive as her mom was at that age. She knows everything! And she remembers the non-important stuff. Ask her what 8 x 4 is and she doesn't care, but she can remember pretending to drive memom's car with her cousin when they were 3 years old! Her face is changing as she grows up and sometimes I look at her and don't recognize her. I try hard to pull out those precious memories of my "baby". Before her hair curled, before her belly button fell off, before she first back-talked me... yeah, those were the days. Oh, and way, way, way before souilja boy. ARGH!!!! She tried on make-up at the Lancome counter yesterday. She wanted to know if 3rd graders wore make-up. Somewhere between singing bible school songs and listening to Charlie Bit Me, she snuck in and shaved her legs. She tried on more "High" heels this weekend than twinkletoes. She refused to try on anything purple, yet she wanted purple shoes cause they had skulls and diamonds on them. She has a new boyfriend who is 10 and in the 5th grade. AND he likes her too. He impressed her by breaking bricks to show off. Her world revolves around cell phones, i-pods, computers and she hasn't let me play yoville since the middle of July. She has started cooking eggs, pizza and fishsticks and now she wants to know if her clothes make her look like her Aunt. This is not a good thing. SLOW DOWN, BACK UP, WAIT!!! Don't be in such a hurry to grow up. I need to hold my baby some more......
14 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment