Melissa made homemade paper with newspaper and onion skins. Then she embossed our initials on the cards and envies. Thank you Melissa. This is such a treat. The paper is so beautiful. I am really thinking I might write a note to someone and actually use it. Thanks for giving us two!! One to keep forever and one to use!!! Here is a link that tells about her making the paper.
Maria used a stamp with a memories sentiment. She decorated her cards with old buttons. Girl, I can't believe you shared those buttons with us. They are treasures. I can picture some little girl somewhere sitting at her Grandmother's knee sorting through those buttons..... So Sweet!! I love the way you put the ribbon around the whole front also. I will be copying that!!!

Darla was unable to participate this month due to several personal tragedies. We're thinking of you Darla and hoping things get much better.
Darla was unable to participate this month due to several personal tragedies. We're thinking of you Darla and hoping things get much better.
Vicky used the front of bank envelopes to decorate her cards. Who would have thought??? What a great use of trash!!! I checked already and my bank doesn't have pretty envelopes. Maybe we should go to our bank presidents and demand nicer envies!
I made cards with recycled tags. You get these little tags on bread or potatoes or tortillas and usually throw them away after you use them. I saved one once and used it on a scrapbook page. It worked out so nice that I have been saving them since. For this swap I had to use colors that matched, but they could be easily painted to match. I used rub-ons with the word friend to decorate the tag and hung it from a bow made of old lace that my sister pulled out of an estate sale leftovers. This card design is one I learned when researching the window sheets. It is a piece of card stock that is 6 1/2" x 4 1/4", scored at 1". Then I usually cut the edge of that inch with deco scissors to make a design. Then you need a sheet of printed paper or card stock cut 5 1/2" x 4 1/4". Put adhesive on the flap of the 1" scored sheet and put the other piece under it to make the front. You can decorate it in lots of different ways. If you used double dipped paper, then you get to show off both sides. When we did the window sheets, we attached them under the flap. 


1 comment:
Stephanie - when Scout was little he was OBSESSED with buttons. He loved them. I bought those buttons from a little old lady at a garage sale. I just love thinking about the pretty clothes and jackets that those buttons came off of. When I was little my granny had an old fruit cake tin filled with buttons - they looked like candy!! Such good memories!!!
Post a Comment