Thursday, December 16, 2010

Who I Am


Epiphany - a sudden, intuitive perception of or insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple, homely, or commonplace occurrence or experience.


I have heard it said many times and yet, I don’t think I fully understood.  My worth comes from who I am in Christ.  Since I can’t see myself as worthy, I assume that Christ sees me the same way.  But he doesn’t.  He sees me as his child, his creation, the work of his hand, the one he gave his life to redeem.  My height, weight, social status, marital status, intelligence, athletic ability, fame, income level, job performance, mistakes, accomplishments, failures, successes, age, attitude…. DO NOT MATTER.  That is just Satan beating me down.  So think of me what you want, but I am who I am  - In Christ!

2 comments:

fouros said...

Okay LOVE your signature! How did you do that??? And, love the truth you just spoke. There is a David Crowder song called "Everything Glorious" and the chorus says,
"You make everything glorious
You make everything glorious
You make everything glorious
And I am Yours
What does that make me?"
So Steph - you are glorious!!!

Sue said...

I just want to say AMEN to what Amanda said! You are glorious..................and How DID you do that signature? Truly love your blog and what you are saying through it.