Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Grand Slam Girl

I am not sure if it was officially a grand slam, but Ciara had some pretty smooth moves on the softball field last night.  The bases were loaded and she hit the ball harder than she ever has before.  It went way off into center field.  The girls started running!! The Bulldogs were running to get the ball, and the Fireflies were running the bases.  It was her finest sports moment!!  Everyone was screaming and yelling for her.  I am so proud of her.  We were so excited that it took us a long time to calm down and get to sleep last night!   The score ended up being 10 - 0.  It was a really exciting game for the girls.  They were hitting and fielding that ball so well. 

3 comments:

The Vannoy Family said...

Go Ciara Go! yeah!

Maria said...

Can you say softball scholarship???? Woo-Hoo!!!!

Sue said...

It is a GRAND SLAM if the bases are loaded (a player on 1st, 2nd, 3rd bases) and the batter hits the ball, runs all the bases and comes into home herself! That is 4 runs made by the batter hitting a home run!!! So proud of her and yes, I'm thinking a softball scholarship could definitely be in the future for that girl!!!! I know your Grandpa would be thrilled Stee. Course he is also thrilled that she is even playing and that Myah and Trey are playing. He loved that game!!!!