This fall has been different than any other in the Harbin household. First of all, we have lots of children in our neighborhood. There are anywhere from 1-9 children in our yard every afternoon. Ciara doesn't even come in the house. She goes from the car to the backyard and plays until dark when I drag her in. She has been riding her bike, playing with her kittens and the neighbors new puppies and all her new friends. It is busy.
Today I decided we needed to run away. I haven't even gotten to talk to Ciara much, and have found myself looking forward to cold weather when she couldn't go play with the other kids. Kind of selfish, I guess, but I missed her. I had gotten some really disappointing news Friday, so I really needed to do something for fun.
We went to Pioneer Park for the day. Pioneer Park is only 30 miles away. We went by wally world and loaded up on snacks and drinks and took off. We went down by the water and would have gotten in and waded, but I saw a snake and decided we better go higher up. There is a little playground that Ciara played in for a while. Then we decided to move over to a shaded picnic table. I laid on this concrete block with a pillow and read a book. Ciara played in a water sprinkler. We stayed there for a little over two hours. It was just what we needed. We talked, giggled, played, relaxed and didn't look at a dirty house or worry about school or bills.
We got home in time to throw a couple of loads of laundry in and fix supper. I asked Ciara to sprinkle a little seasoning salt on the steaks and put them in the oven. She opened the lid and POURED the seasoning on the steaks. When I pulled them out a little later to turn them, I had no idea what was even in the pan! I scraped off the seasonings and they were great!
Now it is back to the real world. I have some very difficult things to face in the next few weeks. I will have to make some very important decisions and deal with a lot of things I don't really want to deal with. Please keep our family in your prayers.
I am trying to work on some exciting things also. I am thinking about doing a 12 days of Christmas project. I am working on the details, but will let you know when I decide for sure. Meanwhile, I also finished the outside of my cards for the September card swap. I still need to stamp the inside. I also made envelopes this time. I love making them. I used the kreatalope and it was super easy. I will post pictures as soon as my camera battery is charged!! Yes, I finally found it.
Have a blessed week, my friends!!
14 years ago

1 comment:
it's weird how i can't leave comments from my home computer. I love this blog and your accounts for the day. I'm thankful that you are going to do the creative things you mentioned at the end. All your friends and customers will love yo! Praying for good days for you and good decisions.
Post a Comment