This will give you an idea of what I will be up to on Sunday.
Blessed Assurance Jesus is Mine
Oh what a foretaste of glory divine
I have sang those words thousands of times, yet never really thought about them. Just having Jesus in our hearts is a foretaste of the glory that awaits us. AMAZING!!!
I’d rather have Jesus than silver or gold;
I’d rather be His than have riches untold;
I’d rather have Jesus than houses or lands;
I’d rather be led by His nail-pierced hand
Than to be the king of a vast domain,
Or be held in sin’s dread sway;
I’d rather have Jesus than anything
This world affords today.
Do I really want Jesus more than moolah!! I tend to want a lot of moolah and spend a lot of time obsessing/stressing about moolah!! Well, consider the options...hmmm, yes, I'd rather have Jesus. 'Cause.... Without Him I could do nothing, Without Him I'd surely fail, Without Him I would be drifting, Like a ship without a sail....well, you know!! Because Lord You are more precious than silver, Lord You are more costly than gold. Lord You are more beautiful than diamonds. And nothing I desire compares with You..
And what about the Victory in Jesus my savior forever, he sought me and bought me with his redeeming blood, he loved me.....and What can wash away my sin? Nothing but the blood of Jesus; What can make me whole again? Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Hymns haven't always been my favorite songs. They tend to run high and my voice doesn't go so high. Sometimes the words are unfamiliar to our speech today. And then there is just that, been there done that factor that we want to learn new songs. But when I look back on my life I know that I have learned many precious songs that have stayed in my heart and given me hope of a resurrection and future with Christ, you know, that little glory divine I first mentioned... I am so glad that I know these songs. I love several, but my favorite is probably this one. I didn't know it until a couple of years ago. Talk about some strange language... this song is full of unfamiliar words. I learned it while singing on a music team. I loved singing it!
Come, Thou Fount of every blessing,
Tune my heart to sing Thy grace;
Streams of mercy, never ceasing,
Call for songs of loudest praise.
Teach me some melodious sonnet,
Sung by flaming tongues above.
Praise the mount! I’m fixed upon it,
Mount of Thy redeeming love.
Here I raise my Ebenezer;
Here by Thy great help I’ve come;
And I hope, by Thy good pleasure,
Safely to arrive at home.
Jesus sought me when a stranger,
Wandering from the fold of God;
He, to rescue me from danger,
Interposed His precious blood.
O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness, like a fetter,
Bind my wandering heart to Thee.
Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
Prone to leave the God I love;
Here’s my heart, O take and seal it,
Seal it for Thy courts above.
(OK, so I just googled that song and found a little more about it. It was written in the 18th century by a minister and a hymnist. Amazing that it has stood the test of time and is still around today. Although most of these hymns are also that old. Anyway, Clark Davis sang it in the Love Comes Softly movie!! Maybe that is why I love it.. Wish he was a real man....I digress...)
What is your favorite? (HYMN, NOT MAN!)
Did you know that.....Jesus is tenderly calling you home
Calling today, calling today,
Why from the sunshine of love will you roam,
Farther and farther away? Jesus is pleading, O list to His voice,
Hear Him today, hear Him today,
They who believe on His Name shall rejoice;
Quickly arise and away.

No comments:
Post a Comment