Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thankful Thursday

This week I have so much to be thankful for. I am mostly thankful that God loves me unconditionally when I am such a failure. He created me, He knows the hairs on my head, He knows my failures and my successes, He knows my thoughts-good and bad, and yet he loves me. I have had to cling to that this week. There have been moments when that was all I knew for certain. Sometimes storms come and the only thing we have to hold on to is the fact that God loves us. This has been a week of "bad weather" but God's love, mercy and grace is getting me through. Here are some more things I am thankful for.

1. Sleep - I took a two hour nap today. It was so wonderful and needed.
2. mouse traps that don't show the mouse. Not that we have caught one yet, but it will be so great when we do. I did see another stinking mouse tonight.
3. My daughter. She is so beautiful and she loves me so much. She is such a surprise some days, but even at her worst, I am glad she is with me.
4. My friends-they have held me up and supported me. Wish they would have given me the xanax earlier, but it is so great to know they care.
5. My students. They are fun and so loving. Today one told me that if he won the chicken cup on the game show tomorrow he would give it to me for my coffee. That is so nice. I WANT A CHICKEN CUP!!
6. The little girl who gave Ciara a smell good heart to decorate her locker with.
7. Jessica - she helped me clean my house. Now I have to find some more money so I can get her to come back!!
8. Thankful tomorrow is FRIDAY!!!

That's all I can think of tonight. I am really tired and ready to get some more wonderful sleep.

Good night all,

2 comments:

Maria said...

Stephanie - I'm with you!!! kill all the mice!!! I hate them - but I love you!!! Have a good weekend!!

Sue said...

love your thankful Thursdays!!!!! and I am thankful that God loves us all....in spite of what we do, say and are. Good luck with the mice eradication. Train those kittens quick!