Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Stephanie and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

I am a very optimistic person. My glass is always half full and I always try to speak positively. But today was one of those days that emptied my cup. I came home for lunch (after spending several hours trying to complete work on a new computer system that is due tomorrow) to find that my dogs had gotten out of the fence. After "the storm" my dogs got out a lot and I put tremendous effort into fixing up the fence. After several months of being tied up, Coco Bear, my great pyranees, managed to cut the metal tie down rope and very nicely stayed in the yard. Until today. I put them back in the yard, but they escaped again. When I came home from work at 4 after spending several more hours on that paper work that had me wanting to chuck the computer through a window, there were three people and a cop car in my yard. Coco Bear had been hit. My neighbor had seen a car pull up into her driveway to hit my dog. She called the police and reported the tags. What a huge mess! Coco's foot was bleeding a little, but he was still running around. The people were trying to get close to him, but he was too scared and kept running off. We got him put in the house and I checked him over. His foot hurts, but I don't think anything was broken, except his toenail. So we go to the lumber yard and get more concrete blocks to stack up around the fence and put him on a new tie down chain. I worried about him being tied up all summer because it was so hot, and now I will worry because it is so cold. All this and we are leaving in 9 days for our disney vacation. I know I have to give this dog away. He is a wonderful dog. He is good with kids except for the one time he growled at Trey and I don't know why he did that. Please, Please, Please let me know if you can provide a good home for a great big teddy bear of a dog.







This was Coco when he was a baby. Isn't he adorable? Ok, now I will try to fill my cup up with things like how thankful I am that he wasn't hurt worse, how my daughter loves GA's so much that she begged me to take her (telling me I could stay home and watch over the dogs), how lucky I am to be getting a trip to disney, and the wonderful aunt who loves me and spoils me so much who is taking me, and the wonderful cousins I will be going with, and how much fun my daughter will have there, and how many wonderful friends I have that will spend a few minutes reading this story and will feel compassion for my bad day, and how I finally understand how to use the new computer program and am prepared for tomorrow, how easy it will be to do the paperwork the next time, how lucky I was to have a friend to teach me use the stupid program, how lucky I am to have a great job with wonderful people, and how God cares about even the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days we have. He is always there for us, watching over us, waiting for us to come to him with our good and bad days. He knows our struggles and how much pressure we are under and He is waiting to bless us, love us and care for us. I already feel much better!

1 comment:

the pastor's wife said...

I am glad Cocoa is not hurt worse. You've made me feel better already too, and I wasn't even feeling bad. I love you. You are the best! I loved your countdown to Disney widget, by the way!