I never even realized how important they were until they were gone or not normal looking. I began to notice trees all over town and in other towns that I visited. A friend told me that she felt the worst part of the storm damage was that she lost a huge oak tree that she and her husband had planted when they moved into their house. She knew she wouldn't live long enough to watch a tree grow that big again. Trees were part of everyone's lives for a while. Either a tree blew down, possibly on part of your house, or blocked your street, or you had a million branches in your yard to pick up.
My Sunday School teacher recently quoted Eric Sauer during one of our lessons. "
The peaceable fruit of righteousness grows on the apparently crooked and wild tree of tribulation. This heavenly fruit as to its character is “righteousness” and as to its taste, “peace”. That quote made me see trees in a whole new light. No longer were they just stupid looking trees. They were the strong, the survivors. They remind me of my righteousness. Living a christian life sure isn't easy, and I am not very good at it most times. Many twists and turns and tribulations have made me stronger. I can understand things now that I couldn't understand years ago. I guess that is why they say "working out your salvation". I also understand peace so much more now than I did years ago. I have peace even through tribulations. So now, when I look at a tree, I look at the twists and turns and tribulations it has faced. The more "stupid" it looks, the more I know how strong it is to have survived. The same is true for me! We will have "tornados" and "hail storms" in our lives, and sometimes we might break, but keep hope. There will be new growth!

3 comments:
Stephanie - I t made me sad that you said no one reads your blog!!! I read it!!
Maria
Thanks Maria. You're great!
how did you do that clever thing with the tree pictures changing out????
sue
Post a Comment